Computer Science and Engineering
About The Department
- The Computer Science and Engineering Department offers both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. B.E. Computer Science and Engineering programme is designed to create globally competent manpower for the information and communication technology (ICT) industry. The Department is also having Master of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from the academic year 2013.
- The department is equipped with well qualified and experienced teaching staff and supporting staff, computing lab with 350 workstations and Three servers with all the required software and peripherals as per Anna University syllabus, 100 Mbps (Reliance) RF connectivity.
- The department offers excellent training in computer programming using both proprietary & open source software and has excellent lab facilities for multimedia, internet and web designing. To build on the theoretical foundation, courses such as computer networks, microprocessors, software engineering and Java programming among many prepare the student not only for the Indian IT industry but also for multinationals and global companies.
- These courses are frequently revised and current topics such as Web 2.0, data analytics, cloud computing, mobile systems engineering, Web technologies and so on are included. Our Computer Science program emphasizes a collegial relationship between faculty and students where faculty guide students develop both skills and concepts that are fundamental to the discipline today and in the future.
- Our faculty members are committed to help students develop their potential and achieve their goals while receiving a broad, value-based, liberal arts education. The department has experienced faculty members who are fully committed to teaching and research. It provides an excellent ambiance for students to learn and acquire the necessary skills required by the IT Industry.
- To impart quality education to students.
- To provide individual attention and enable character building.
- To encourage entrepreneurship skills among students.
- To provide the best opportunity to the students to attain technical excellence in the field of Computer Science & Engineering
- The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was started in the year 2010 with an intake of 60 for the BE course, with an objective of imparting quality education in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Owing to the growing trend, the department now offers M.E – Computer Science and Engineering from this year 2013 onwards with a sanctioned intake of 24 students
- Apart from curriculum, students are also part of Association of Computer Science and Engineering and Computer Society of India. This helps students to develop leadership and organizational skills.
Short Term Goals
- To improve and achieve 100% results.
- To help students to get University Ranks.
- To improve Campus Placements.
- To Develop Domain Specific Expertise Amongst Department Faculty.
- To Develop R & D Centre in the Department.
Long Term Goals
- To Develop International Leaders in Technology.
- To encourage All Faculty to indulge in Research Activities.
- To Develop Product Development Facilities in the Department.
- National and International Journals Published By Staff members
- Our faculty members presented paper in various International conferences on Recent Trends in Communication Systems.
- Our Department conducted National Level Conference on Resent Trends in Advanced Information and Communication Systems.
PEOs (Program Educational Objectives)
- The graduates of the Program will be prepared for their careers in the software industry or in higher studies leading to research and for applying the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship in their career and continuing to develop their professional knowledge on a lifelong basis.
- Have a successful career in Information Technology/ Information Technology Enabled Service Industries. Design and develop software solutions to solve challenging computing problems.
- To enable the students to develop strong leadership qualities with aggressive optimism, multidisciplinary skills, excellent communication skills and function as effective and reliable team members giving importance to professional and ethical principles.
- To provide the students with specific knowledge of a variety of areas of Computer Science and have a broad idea of related disciplines, for a productive career as well as research as per the needs of the industry.
- Graduates will work productively as computer science engineers exhibiting ethical qualities and leadership roles in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Preparation of under graduates to work as effective team members on multidisciplinary projects with commanding oral and written communication skills, leadership qualities as well as to advance in their careers and continue their professional development.
- Graduates will take up higher education and/or be associated with the field so that they can keep themselves abreast of Research & Development
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer – based system, process, component, or program for various applications like public health, environmental safety, human resource management, economical sustainability, cross – cultural and societal needs.
- An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects.
Copyright © 2022 Sri Venkateswaraa College of Technology | All Right Reserved